Saturday, November 20, 2010

First Trip to the Electrolysis

I had my first electrolysis treatment last week. The tech was very sweet to me; I think she could tell that I was quite nervous. She explained to me how the procedure worked and that we could stop at any time. It did not hurt as much as I thought it would. My session lasted about an hour. The biggest disappointment came when the tech told me it would take about a year to get rid of all my facial hair. Inside I just wanted to cry, I want it all gone now, no I wanted it all gone twenty years ago, but I have wanted this long what is one more year. I am eagerly looking forward to my next session, with each session I am taking a step closer to being the person I am meant to be.

3 comments:

  1. The good news is that a year will pass in no time. I've been on hormones for 10 months now, which is hard yet exciting to believe, but the run up to being approved for them seemed so much longer. Even better is that I've been able to what the results have been. I'm currently getting laser on my face, and after only 4 visits, the difference is profound. I'm far from done in that regard, and will be starting electro soon for the gray hairs, but just the fact that I'm able to see so much progress already, makes it much easier to deal with how much time it all takes.

    Good luck, Kellie

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get you. I am yet to have electrolysis at all! Mostly because of the high cost here in Nairobi but no worries, once things settle down I will have it done. But one year seems such a long time!

    Wish you the very best Kellie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about to start electro next week, but i've found using a mix of laser and electro works wonders, laser isn't really classed as permanent but will help get rid of most of the hair in 6 months, good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Kellie's shared items